If you wish to contact any of the coaches, click on the blue link beside the relevant member of the coaching team and this will open up an e-mail addressed to them.
Lead Coach: County Youths, County Juniors, Juniors 1-4 (inclusive)
With over 15 years experience both teaching and coaching swimming, Paul is focussed on the performance strand of the Club.
Having worked as a Head Coach previously, developing swimmers from age group into youth ranks, Paul provides a strong depth of experience to the Club.
Paul Hogg, Performance Coach
Lead Coach: Regionals
Paul Hogg started his coaching career as an assistant at a Regional Performance Centre which produced Commonwealth and European Champions as well as Olympic Team representatives. Paul’s other coaching credentials include:-
- coaching Masters swimmers where he had World Masters Champions;
- taking a club who initially had one National qualifier to being the top Girls Club at the British Summer Nationals in 2006 and 2nd overall with over 40 National qualifiers. His swimmers also set British Age Group Records and one of his Senior swimmers won medals at the European Swimming Championships;
- coaching a senior international swimmer to the World Championships in Rome and also saw medal success at the European Youth Olympics where he was on the coaching staff;
- becoming Beacon Coach for the South East Region leading to multiple medals at Nationals and Gold medal success at European Juniors;
- coaching Lauren Steadman to a final at the London 2012 Para Games and in Rio 2016 to a Silver medal in the Triathlon event;
- seeing Lincoln Vulcans achieve Regional junior records, multiple medals at Nationals as well as the club’s first British Champion since 2009.
Lead Coach: Academy 1-4
Nora joined Kingston Royals in 2015 and brings a wealth of swimming experience with her. As well as being a highly experienced teacher and coach, Nora is a former international water polo player for Hungary. Nora is also a qualified fitness instructor.
Janne Abbott - Coach - Academy 2
Lead Coach: Club Squad
Peter joined Kingston Royals in July 2017. Originally from Hungary, Peter has a passion for swimming and working with children and believes strongly in developing a swimmers technical ability and skills.
Coach: Juniors 1-4 (inclusive) and Cadets
Julian coaches in our Academy Squad. Having seen both his children work their way through the club, Julian is a great source of advice for parents (and swimmers) at this early stage of the club pathway.
Dominic McGinty - Strength and Conditioning Coach
Dominic joined Kingston Royals in 2016 and is the Head of Strength and Conditioning. With over 15 years experience in the fitness industry, Dominic brings a wealth of knowledge to the Club to help our swimmers develop as athletes. Having been a national level swimmer in his youth, Dominic seeks to improve the functional movement of our swimmers for maximum impact in the water.
CADETS/LEARN TO SWIM COACHING TEAM
Coach: Cadets 4, 5 and 6
Sylvie has been with Kingston Royals for over 30 years! Sylvie has helped to teach, coach and develop thousands of swimmers over the years and has been an important member of the Club. As well as coaching, Sylvie can often be seen helping out at galas as a Judge 2(S). Sylvie primarily works with our Cadet and Academy Squads programme, helping to develop swimmers from a learn to swim environment into a club training environment.
Coach: Squad and Cadet Coach
Dylan starting swimming at KRSC from the age of six and in this time has medalled at County, Regional and National level. Dylan has also attended several Swim England talent courses and represented team Surrey and ESSA London. Dylan is the Senior Captain of the Club and believes that he has a lot in common with his swimmers as he has been through the training process himself and knows what it takes to succeed.
Coach - Cadets 2 and 5
Jo has been a swimming teacher with Kingston Royals since 2016. Jo primarily works with the Cadet and Academy Squad. Jo has three children who all swim at the Club. She enjoys being part of the coaching team working with our swimmers in their development from the learn to swim stages through to taking their first steps into competitive swimming.