COUNTY PERFORMANCE SQUAD
- 11 – 18 year olds at end of year
- Must hold one EQT (Essex Qualifying Time) times for 2019 as of 31st December 2019 and two time within 10%. However space permitting, swimmers that hold four times that are within 10% of EQT’s and are able to meet the training criteria, may be given the opportunity to train with the above squad at the coaches discretion but will be very closely monitored
- Must attend 5 out of 6 sessions per week as a minimum
- Must attend the land sessions available
- Must be on poolside 10 minutes before sessions / competition warm up’s to complete a pre pool warm up (will be available on laminates at start of season)
- Any swimmers arriving later than 10 minutes than the scheduled start time of each of the pool sessions will not be permitted to swim. Swimmers are required to arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to complete a warm up landside (unless reason is communicated in ample time to the squad coach, prior to the session) and therefore any more than 10 minutes after scheduled start time means the swimmer would be 20 minutes late.
- Must complete all sessions appropriately (from warm up to swim downs all member’s in this squad are to complete all of the sets specified to the best of their ability in relation to the set) – swimmers are to complete all sets, should they be identified as getting out in middle of sessions, this will be notified and cause for concern as to the swimmers suitability to the squad.
- Must remain after session for 10 minutes, in order to complete sufficient post pool stretches.
- Must attend all stated competitions specific to the squad - with a minimum of 7 external competitions, excluding County / Club events which should also be swum within the season calendar
- Must hold all kit expected of the squad.
- Must be able to hold 20 x 100’s of 1.40/1.50 as a minimum, age dependant
- Must be able to achieve 7m on under water phases of all strokes as a minimum
- Must notify squad coach of any lengthy periods of missing practice due to injury/ illness
- Aiming to completed Club award level 5 and completing Club award 6;
- Warm up using a minimum of four Raise, Mobilise, Activate exercises and one Prime exercise.
- Perform a post swim stretching routine using a minimum of eight key stretches.
- Complete a short set (e.g. 4 x 50 metres) on a set turnaround time (e.g. 90 seconds), aiming to swim each repeat at a set pace (e.g. 60 seconds) to get consistent rest (e.g. 30 seconds). Take a kick and stroke count on each repeat and determine the Stroke Efficiency Index. Set off at a prescribed interval (e.g. every 5 or 10 seconds).
- Set one process goal relating to improving technique on individual medley turns and relay takeovers.
- For each stroke, swim 4 x 50 metres full stroke (4 x 25 metres butterfly), maintaining underwater kick count and an even stroke count. Time each swim and determine the Stroke Efficiency Index for each. Start each with the correct push off from the wall, underwater phase and transition to stroke.
- Swim 100 metres individual medley from a track start on the starting block incorporating legal and efficient medley transition turns at race speed.
- Perform a legal and efficient turn from 10 metres in to 10 metres out at race speed for each of the individual medley transition turns.
- Following the starting procedure used in competitions, perform a track start using a starting block. Demonstrate an effective set position, take off, flight, entry, underwater phase, pull out and transition to stroke into 50 metres full stroke swim (either front crawl or breaststroke) or 25 metres full stroke swim using butterfly. Perform at race speed, timed to 15 metres.
- Following the starting procedure used in competitions, perform a backstroke start using a starting block. Demonstrate an effective set position, take off, flight, entry, underwater phase, pull out, transition to stroke into 50 metres full stroke backstroke at race speed, timed to 15 metres.
- Perform a legal and effective finish on each of the four strokes at race speed, timed 10 to 15 metres in.
- Perform a single step relay takeover from the starting block into 50 metres front crawl swim at simulated race speed.
- Perform a single step relay takeover from the starting block into 50 metres front crawl swim taking over from an incoming swimmer at race speed.
MONTHLY FEE - £65 per month