COUNTY DEVELOPMENT SQUAD
- 10 – 15 year olds at end of year
- Must have two times that are within 20% of EQT’s (Essex Qualifying Time) & three times within 30% and are able to meet the training criteria
- Must attend 4 out of 6 sessions per week as a minimum
- Must attend the land sessions available
- Must be on poolside 10 minutes before sessions / competition warm up’s to complete a pre pool warm up (will be available on laminates at start of season)
- Any swimmers arriving later than 10 minutes than the scheduled start time of each of the pool sessions will not be permitted to swim. Swimmers are required to arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to complete a warm up landside (unless reason is communicated in ample time to the squad coach, prior to the session) and therefore any more than 10 minutes after scheduled start time means the swimmer would be 20 minutes late.
- Must complete all sessions appropriately (from warm up to swim downs all member’s in this squad are to complete all of the sets specified to the best of their ability in relation to the set) – swimmers are to complete all sets, should they be identified as getting out in middle of sessions, this will be notified and cause for concern as to the swimmers suitability to the squad.
- Must remain after session for 10 minutes, in order to complete sufficient post pool stretches.
- Must attend all stated competitions specific to the squad - with a minimum of 7 external competitions, excluding County / Club events which should also be swum within the season calendar
- Must hold all kit expected of the squad.
- Must be able to hold 20 x 100’s of 1.50/2 as a minimum, age dependant
- Must be able to achieve 6m on under water phases of all strokes as a minimum
- Must notify squad coach of any lengthy periods of missing practice due to injury/ illness
- Aiming to completed Club award level 4 and starting with aim of completing Club award 5;
- Warm up using a minimum of three Raise, Mobilise or Activate exercises and one Prime exercise.
- Complete a post swim stretching routine using a minimum of six key stretches.
- Complete a short set (e.g. 4 x 50 metres) on a set turnaround time (e.g. 90 seconds), aiming to swim each repeat at a set pace (e.g. 60 seconds) to get consistent rest (e.g. 30 seconds). Take a kick and stroke count on each repeat. Set off at a prescribed interval (e.g. every 5 or 10 seconds).
- Set one process goal relating to improving a swimming skill e.g. a start, turn or finish.
- For each stroke, swim 4 x 50 metres full stroke (4 x 25 metres butterfly), counting and maintaining an even underwater kick and stroke count.
- Swim 100 metres individual medley from a track start on the starting block, incorporating legal and effective transition turns, starting with the correct push off from the wall, underwater phase and transition to stroke.
- Perform a legal and efficient turn on each of the four strokes at race speed from 10 metres in to 10 metres out.
- Perform a legal and effective push off from the wall and transition to stroke for each individual medley turn.
- Following the starting procedure used in competitions, demonstrate the correct timing of ascent onto the starting block. Then perform a track start using a starting block demonstrating an effective set position, take off, flight, entry, underwater phase and transition to full stroke.
- Following the starting procedure used in competitions, demonstrate the correct timing of entry into the water. Then perform a backstroke start using a starting block demonstrating an effective set position, take off, flight, entry, underwater phase and transition to full stroke.
- Perform a legal and effective finish on each of the four strokes.
- Perform a single step relay takeover from the starting block into 25 metres front crawl swim.
- Perform a single step relay takeover from the starting block into 25 metres front crawl swim, taking over from an incoming swimmer.
MONTHLY FEE - £58 per month