COUNTY PREP SQUAD
- 9 – 14 year olds at end of year (8 year olds at Head Coach’s discretion)
- Must be within 40% of 4 EQTS (Essex Qualifying Time) or 30% of 2 and 20% of 1 EQT or any other combination that equates to 4 times
- Must attend 3 out of 5 sessions per week as a minimum
- Must be on poolside 10 minutes before sessions / competition warm up’s to complete a pre pool warm up
- Must complete all sessions appropriately (from warm up to swim downs all member’s in this squad are to complete all of the sets specified to the best of their ability in relation to the set) – swimmers are to complete all sets, should they be identified as getting out in middle of sessions, this will be notified and cause for concern as to the swimmers suitability to the squad.
- Must remain after session for 10 minutes, in order to complete sufficient post pool stretches.
- Must attend all stated competitions specific to the squad - with a minimum of 5 external competitions, excluding Club events which should also be swum within the season calendar
- Must hold all kit expected of the squad.
- Must be able to hold 15 x 100’s of 2.00/2.15 as a minimum (age dependant)
- Must be able to achieve 5m on under water phases of all strokes as a minimum
- Must notify squad coach of any lengthy periods of missing practice due to injury/ illness
- Aiming to completed Club award level 3 and starting with aim of completing Club award 4;
- Warm up using a minimum of two Raise, Mobilise or Activate exercises and one Prime exercise.
- Perform a post swim stretching routine using a minimum of four key stretches.
- Complete a short set (e.g. 8 x 25 metres) on a set turnaround time (e.g. every 60 seconds), aiming to complete each repeat at a set pace (e.g. 40 seconds) to get a consistent rest (e.g. 20 seconds). Set off at a prescribed interval (e.g. every 5 or 10 seconds).
- Set one process goal relating to improving stroke technique.
- Swim 50 metres of each stroke (25 metres butterfly) demonstrating effective breathing and timing, starting with the correct push off from the wall, underwater phase and transition to stroke. 3
- Swim 100 metres individual medley, starting with the correct push off from the wall,
underwater phase and transition to stroke with legal touch turns.
- Perform a legal and efficient turn on each of the four strokes from 10 metres in to 10 metres out from the wall.
- Perform a legal and effective sequence of movements for each of the three individual medley transition turns.
- Perform a track start using a starting block.
- Perform a backstroke start using a starting block.
- Perform a relay takeover arm swing and step from the side of the pool into the water.
- Perform a single step relay takeover from the side of the pool into 25 metres front crawl swim.
MONTHLY FEE - £52 per month