- 7-12 year olds at end of year
- Must attend 2 out of 4 sessions per week as a minimum
- Must be on poolside 10 minutes before sessions / competition warm up’s to complete a pre pool warm up (will be available on laminates at start of season)
- Must complete all sessions appropriately (from warm up to swim downs all member’s in this squad are to complete all of the sets specified to the best of their ability in relation to the set) – swimmers are to complete all sets, should they be identified as getting out in middle of sessions, this will be notified and cause for concern as to the swimmers suitability to the squad.
- Must remain after session for 10 minutes, in order to complete sufficient post pool stretches.
- Must attend all stated competitions specific to the squad – all Club run events (time trials / club champs / NUELSC invitational meets (age dependant)
- Must hold all kit expected of the squad.
- Must be able to perform starts and turns to a suitable standard
- Must be able to achieve 5m on under water phases of all strokes as a minimum
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of body position; breathing and timing for each stroke
- Must notify squad coach of any lengthy periods of missing practice due to injury/ illness
- Aiming to have completed Club award 1 and starting with aim to complete Club award 2;
- Complete a short set (e.g. 8 x 25 metres) on a set turnaround time (e.g. every 60 seconds). You must set off at a prescribed interval (e.g. every 5 or 10 seconds).
- Push off from the wall into a front streamlined position underwater and dolphin kick for a minimum of 5 metres.
- Push off from the wall into a front streamlined position underwater and perform a breaststroke underwater pull out.
- Push off from the wall into a back streamlined position underwater and dolphin kick for a minimum of 5 metres.
- Demonstrate appropriate hydration strategies over a minimum of four training sessions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of when and what to eat in relation to a training session.
- Perform the front crawl single arm drill with one arm by the side for 25 metres.
- Perform the backstroke single arm drill with one arm by the side for 25 metres.
- Perform the butterfly drill, three scull then one swim for 25 metres.
- Perform the breaststroke drill, two kicks then one pull for 25 metres.
- Perform an effective approach, rotation and touch for front crawl and backstroke turns and an effective approach, touch, rotation and touch for butterfly and breaststroke turns.
- Perform a kneeling dive from the poolside.
- Perform a backstroke start from the wall, ideally with feet in a trough.
MONTHLY FEE - £42 per month
TRAINING TIMETABLE - time already include 10 mins pre pool warm up and 10mins post pool stretches