Wandsworth Swimming Club swimmers are divided among seven squads based on criteria such at ability, times achieved age and age at 31 Dec.
Development 1 squad key criteria are listed here. For more detail on squad eligibility times, county/regional qualifying times, timetables and pool locations see links below.
Development 1 Squad
Squad focus - skill development and introduction to aerobic training
- 7 - 9 years. Maximum age (on 31st December) when accepted into Dev. 1 squad is 9
- 2 out of 3 sessions per week; we do not accept the substitution of a school swimming lesson, another club training session or private lesson for the required WSC sessions per week
- ASA Stage 8
- Participation in Mini Galas and Club Championships; Open meets should be entered on coach’s recommendation only
- All 25m events - technically legal
- 3 of 4 of the 50m events
- 200m freestyle
- Streamline position
- Understanding of lane etiquette / discipline
All admittance to the squad and further movement through the Club structure is determined by the Coaching Team.
The Transitioning / Promotion process can be found on our website in the Events section.
- Tuesday 18.15 to 19.15 (at Wimbledon College)
- Wednesday 17.00 to 18.00 (at Putney Leisure Centre)
- Saturday 08.00 to 09.00 (at Bank of England)
For maps and other details see Pool Locations
Squad Rep: Sinead Daneshvar
London Region Qualifying Times
Surrey County Qualifying Times