Wandsworth Swimming Club swimmers are divided among seven squads based on criteria such at ability, times achieved age and age at 31 Dec.
Development 1 squad key criteria are listed here. For more detail on squad eligibility times, county/regional qualifying times, timetables and pool locations see links below.
Development 1 Squad
Squad focus - skill development and introduction to aerobic training
- 7 - 9 years. Maximum age (on 31st December) when accepted into Dev. 1 squad is 9
- 2 out of 3 sessions per week; we do not accept the substitution of a school swimming lesson, another club training session or private lesson for the required WSC sessions per week
- ASA Stage 8
- Participation in Mini Galas and Club Championships; Open meets should be entered on coach’s recommendation only
- All 25m events - technically legal
- 3 of 4 of the 50m events
- 200m freestyle
- Streamline position
- Understanding of lane etiquette / discipline
All admittance to the squad and further movement through the Club structure is determined by the Coaching Team.
The Transitioning / Promotion process can be found on our website in the Events section.
- Tuesday 18.15 to 19.15 (at Wimbledon College)
- Wednesday 17.00 to 18.00 (at Putney Leisure Centre)
- Saturday 08.00 to 09.00 (at Bank of England)
The current timetable is valid until the end of July
New timetable starting from September 2018 click here
For maps and other details see Pool Locations
Squad Rep: Sinead Daneshvar
ASA National QTs
London Region QTs
Surrey County QTs