Wandsworth Swimming Club swimmers are divided among seven squads based on criteria such as ability, times achieved and age at 31 Dec.
Development 2 squad key criteria are listed below. For more detail on squad eligibility times, county/regional qualifying times, timetables and pool locations see links below.
Development 2 Squad
Squad focus - skill development and gradual approach to aerobic training
- 8 - 11 years. Maximum age (on 31st December) when accepted into Dev. 2 is 10
- 3 out of 4 sessions per week; we do not accept the substitution of a school swimming session, another club training session or private lessons for the required WSC sessions per week
- Actively working towards PB within 5% of County QT’s in any 200m event and medley
- Participation in Mini Galas (where appropriate), Club Championships and County Championships (if selected or when QT has been achieved); Open meets should be entered on coach’s recommendation only - swimmers are expected and encouraged to attend open meets appropriate for their age and skill development.
- All 50m events - technically legal
- 100 IM, 200m freestyle and one other 200m event
- Streamline position
- Understanding of pace clock
- Understanding of lane etiquette / discipline
All admittance to the squad and further movement through the Club structure is determined by the Coaching Team.
The Transitioning / Promotion process can be found on our website in the Events section.
The Head Coach and the Club Committee will not guarantee the squad place for a swimmer who consistently does not participate in open meets and / or club galas.
New timetable starting from September 2018 click here
Training is at Putney Leisure Centre except where shown above
For maps and other details see Pool Locations
Squad Rep: Logan Wijay
ASA National QTs
London Region QTs
Surrey County QTs