Wandsworth Swimming Club swimmers are divided among seven squads based on criteria such as ability, times achieved and age at 31 Dec.
Development 2 squad key criteria are listed below. For more detail on squad eligibility times, county/regional qualifying times, timetables and pool locations see links below.
Development 2 Squad
Squad focus - skill development and gradual approach to aerobic training
- 8 - 11 years. Maximum age (on 31st December) when accepted into Dev. 2 is 10
- 3 out of 4 sessions per week; we do not accept the substitution of a school swimming session, another club training session or private lessons for the required WSC sessions per week
- Actively working towards PB within 5% of County QT’s in any 200m event and medley
- Participation in Mini Galas (where appropriate), Club Championships and County Championships (if selected or when QT has been achieved); Open meets should be entered on coach’s recommendation only - swimmers are expected and encouraged to attend open meets appropriate for their age and skill development.
- All 50m events - technically legal
- 100 IM, 200m freestyle and one other 200m event
- Streamline position
- Understanding of pace clock
- Understanding of lane etiquette / discipline
All admittance to the squad and further movement through the Club structure is determined by the Coaching Team.
The Transitioning / Promotion process can be found on our website in the Events section.
The Head Coach and the Club Committee will not guarantee the squad place for a swimmer who consistently does not participate in open meets and / or club galas.
Costs - 70 pounds per month, plus the annual ASA registration fee and a 25 pound joining fee.
New timetable starting from May 2019 click here
Training is at Putney Leisure Centre except where shown above
For maps and other details see Pool Locations
Squad Rep: Logan Wijay
ASA National QTs
London Region QTs
Surrey County QTs