Wandsworth Swimming Club swimmers are divided among seven squads based on criteria such as ability, times achieved and age at 31 Dec.
The Senior Performance squad key criteria are listed below. For more detail on squad eligibility times, county/regional QTs, timetables and pool locations see links below.
Senior Performance Squad
The Senior Performance squad is a highly competitive squad and only aimed at swimmers for whom the sport of swimming becomes a “lifestyle choice“ with swimming taking absolute priority over other sporting commitments and who desire to follow our 3C Credo of :
CHOICE - COMMITMENT - CHAMPION
by following an annual training program set out each season by the Head Coach on a professional level so discipline, dedication and self-motivation to excel is a must.
Swimmers in the Senior Performance squad must be committed to the overall development of all components of swimming fitness. They need to strive to perfect and combine the technical, tactical, and psychological aspects required to achieve, and with adequate training, surpass their specifically targeted goals.
- Attendance must be close to 100% at any given four - week period, including land training / strength and conditioning training sessions
- A swimmer must have an ability to cope with standard sets throughout the season (20 x 100 free @ 1.30, ability to swim 5000 - 7000m during training sessions)
- A swimmer must show high levels of independence and self - reliance, coachability and willingness to be held accountable for training and racing.
- The minimum required performance achievement is a Regional time and ability and dedication to actively work towards National Championships
- A swimmer must participate in all eligible events in County, Regional and National Championships (unless advised / instructed otherwise by the Head Coach)
- A swimmer must participate in all rounds of the Arena League - if selected - and a minimum of four Open Meets during the season following WSC competition calendar. Any swimmer wishing to enter a competition outside the Club Competition calendar is required to consult with the Head Coach beforehand.
- A swimmer must represent WSC only at all meets and wear WSC kit for both training and competition
- All swimmers are required to have their full training equipment in working order at all sessions (kick board, pull buoy, short fins, hand paddles, snorkel, resistance bands - for activation exercises)
Movement up /out of the squad is based on:
- Age - 15 & over
- Up to date attendance
- Competition & training performance and ability as set out by the Head Coach throughout the season and in the squad criteria
Fluctuation in work ethics and lack of commitment will mean a swimmer risks losing their place in the squad; any exceptions will be at the discretion of the Head Coach
- Monday 19.30 to 21.30
- Tuesday 19.30 to 21.00
- Wednesday 19.00 to 20.30 (at Crystal Palace)
- Thursday 19.00 to 20.00 Land Training
- Thursday 20.00 to 21.30
- Friday 19.30 to 21.00
- Sunday 14.00 to 16.00 (at Ernest Bevin)
The current timetable is valid until the end of July
New timetable starting from September 2018 click here
Training is at Putney Leisure Centre except where indicated above.
For maps and other details see Pool Locations
Squad Rep: Arabella Stewart-Liddon
ASA National QTs
London Region QTs
Surrey County QTs