Junior Development Squad
Squad focus - development of an aerobic base and skills improvement to prepare swimmers to compete at a club level and beyond .
The Juniors Squad is aimed at Age Group swimmers who want to continue to train and compete but who can not commit to the levels of training and racing performance required in Performance Pathway squads , or swimmers who are late developers.
( please see our Athlete Development Support Pathway document on the Club website for detailed information ).
- 10 - 15 years .
- Attendance should be kept at as many sessions as possible on regular basis
- Participation in Club Championships , County , County Development ( if selected or when QT achieved ) . Open meets should be entered on coach’s recommendation only - swimmers are actively encouraged to attend open meets appropriate for their age and development level.
- 3 out of 4 strokes legal in 100m events and / or above
- 1 x butterfly event
- 1 x medley event
- Understanding of the pace clock
- Understanding of lane etiquette / discipline
All admittance to the squad and further movement through the Club structure is determined by the Coaching Team .
The Transitioning / Promoting process can be found on our website in the Events section
New timetable starting from September 2018 click here
For maps and other details see Pool Locations
Squad Rep: Samantha Barney