Aquajets ASC Safeguarding Policy Statement
Aquajets is committed to providing an environment in which all children and young people participating in its activities have a safe and positive experience.
In order to achieve this, the organisation agrees to:
- Recognise that children participating in the organisation (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have a right to enjoy their involvement in aquatics in a safe environment and be protected from harm.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children in the organisation, whether paid or voluntary, provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for children.
- Appoint a welfare officer with the necessary skills and training as outlined by the ASA who will take the lead in dealing with all child safeguarding matters raised within the organisation.
- Ensure that the welfare officer’s name is known to all staff, members and parents of members.
- Ensure that the welfare officer is available to discuss issues of concern on matters of safeguarding and deal with such concerns appropriately.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children in the organisation have undertaken the appropriate training, have had the relevant DBS checks, and adhere to the required practices for safeguarding children.
- Ensure that all individuals who will be working with children in the organisation have been recruited in accordance with the ASA Safe Recruitment policy.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children have the appropriate training, code of conduct and good practice to follow.
- Provide all members of the organisation and parents of members with the opportunity to raise concerns in a safe and confidential manner if they have concerns about a child’s welfare.
- Ensure that all child safeguarding matters, whether they be concerns about child welfare or protection, are dealt with appropriately.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained appropriately and in line with the best interests of the child.
- Ensure that all papers relating to child safeguarding matters are held in a safe and secure manner.