Aquajets Parents’ Code of Conduct
- I will complete and return the Medical Information Form as requested by the organisation and provide details of any health conditions/concerns relevant to my child on the consent form. I will report any changes in the state of my child’s health to the coach prior to training sessions or events. I will ensure that the organisation has up-to-date contact details for me and any alternative person(s) as required.
- I will deliver and collect my child punctually to and from training sessions/events. I will inform a member of the coaching staff if there is an unavoidable problem. If the organisation changes my child’s lane and/or training times, I will remember that the change is to provide appropriate levels of training and enable my child to progress, and I should therefore support and encourage this at all times.
- I will ensure my child is properly and adequately attired for the training session/ events including all mandatory equipment, e.g. hats, goggles etc.
- I will inform the coach before a session if my child is to be collected early from a training session/event and if so, by whom.
- I will encourage my child to obey the rules and teach them that they can only do their best.
- I will behave responsibly as a spectator during training/events and treat members, coaches, committee members and other parents of members of both my child’s organisation and any other organisation with due respect.
- I will not use inappropriate language within the organisation environment.
- I will show appreciation and support my child and all the team members.
- I will ensure my child’s needs are met in terms of nutrition and I will listen to advice given from the coach.
- I will support the coach and committee appropriately and raise any concerns I may have in an appropriate manner to the welfare officer.
- I will not enter poolside unless requested to do so or in an emergency.
- Most of all, I will help my child to enjoy the sport and to achieve to the best of their ability.
- I will endeavour to support the club in terms of its wider activities (e.g. fundraising, social events etc).
The organisation will:
- Inform you at once, if your child becomes ill and will ensure their wellbeing until you are able to collect him/her.
- Ensure good child safeguarding guidelines are followed at all times to keep your child safe.
- Ensure all activities are properly supervised/taught/coached and that consent is obtained for any activity outside of that previously agreed.
You have a right to:
- Make a complaint to the organisation if you feel the organisation or a member of the organisation is not acting appropriately or in accordance with ASA/organisation rules and regulations.
Make a complaint on behalf of your child to the ASA Office of Judicial Administration.