Team Bath AS Performance Swimming
Team Bath AS Performance Swimming is dedicated to developing competitive swimming talent and is guided by the principles of long term athlete development.
We run a structured pathway across three Squads, each subdivided with specific criteria and training objectives to enable the optimum development for every swimmer.
- Transition Squad which is further broken down into 3 tiers (1,2 & 3)
- 9-12 years olds (4-6 sessions per week)
- Strong training links with any existing Partner Club are maintained with training split between the two (where applicable).
- Target Events: County Championships & Regional LC Championships
- Potential Squad which is further broken down into 3 tiers (1,2 & 3)
- 12+ years (5-7 sessions per week)
- In this squad swimmers work towards training full time with Team Bath AS Performance Swimming while Partnership Club membership is maintained (where applicable).
- Land training introduced to complement pool sessions.
- Target Events: Regional LC Championships, ASA Winter Nationals, British Swimming/ASA Summer Nationals & British Swimming Championships
- Performance Squad
- Male 14+ years: Female 13+ years (6-9 sessions per week)
- Training programs (pool and land) are individualized to the competition targets for every swimmer.
- Swimmers are prepared to take leadership positions within the program.
- Target Events: Regional LC Championships, ASA Winter Nationals, British Swimming/ASA Summer Nationals & British Swimming Championships.
Disability swimmers will be considered for all Squads. Selection will be in accordance with the number of pool hours required to suit individual needs and in accordance with British Disability Swimming guidelines.
Athletes re-joining the program and new athletes joining the program will be required to complete a trail (see the Join Us section on our Web Site).
Squad selections will take place at three points in the training season; Post ASA Winter Nationals (January), ASA South West Regional Championships/British Swimming Championships (May), and at the beginning of the season (September).
Team Bath AS Performance Swimming has detailed criteria for every Squad and Squad sub-level. The standards are guidelines to the achievement level needed to be part of each Squad and do not guarantee entry. All areas outlined in Squad expectations will be considered for every swimmer and all decisions on placement are at the absolute discretion of the Team Bath AS Head Coach.
The current training timetable for Team Bath AS Performance Swimming is available here.
For more information and details of our application policy and fee structure please contact our Membership Secretary at email@example.com