National Squad (Aylesbury Site Only)
Swimmers will be expected to be fully committed to their swimming training and to performance at the highest level to remain in this squad.
· Junior International and High Level Domestic success.
· To develop the disciplined physiological and psychological skills necessary to train and perform at this level.
· To play a mentorship role to the younger swimmers coming through the club.
· Swimmers should have a total commitment to training, and an ability to maintain a minimum of 80% attendance.
· Swimmers will be 15+ in the year of competition and capable of achieving Regional Final/British National/British Championship standard.
· Boys aged 14 in the year of competition and Girls aged 13/14 in the year of competition may be offered a place in the squad if they are accessing all that is to be offered in their Age Group Squad, have reached or passed their Peak Height Velocity and are within 2% of two events of last season's slowest qualifying times at English Nationals. (These swimmers should attend 7 out of the 9 sessions offered).
· Selected by Head Coach based on attitude, discipline, long-term potential and competition performance. Attitude will include behavioural aspects such as being on time, performing the pre and post pool work to a high standard, being a good team member and role model, and respecting the coaches, volunteers and officials, other pool users, and all equipment.
· British Championships / Nationals
· Counties / Regionals
· High Level Open Meets
· Team Competitions, e.g. ARENA League
· Swimmers will show dedication to improving their swimming skills, to include starts, turns, finishes, underwaters, breakouts and efficiency.
· Swimmers will be able to complete a 200m timed kick in under 3 minutes.