Youth Sprint Squad (Aylesbury Site Only)
This squad is designed for those who can’t/don’t meet the requirements of the National Squad but would still like to take their swimming to a high level.
· National and High Level Regional success.
· To develop training and competition skills.
· To educate swimmers on time management, healthy lifestyles, and competition protocols.
· To increase stability, strength and control through more challenging land training.
· Minimum attendance of 60%.
· Swimmers will be 15+ in the year of competition and capable of achieving County/Regional standard.
· Swimmers will have advanced stroke technique and effective turns in all four strokes.
· Swimmers will be able to perform a 400 IM under ASA laws.
· Training is structured to achieve the above aims and a high level of discipline is expected.
· Home Nation Summer Champs
· Counties / Regionals
· Various Open Meets
· Team Competitions, e.g. ARENA League
· Swimmers will show dedication to improving their swimming skills, to include starts, turns, finishes, underwaters, breakouts and efficiency, especially:
o No breath on last stroke and first two strokes every wall.
o Minimum of 6 FAST kicks u/w every wall.
o All turns completed with a fast rotation and no gliding in on last stroke.
Swimmers will be able to complete a 200m timed kick in under 3 minutes 30 seconds.