Junior Development Squad
· To reach County standard.
· To increase the standard of swimming skills and introduce training protocols such as using a pace clock and training set styles.
· To develop flexibility, stability and control through land training.
· Minimum attendance of 75%.
· Swimmers will be 8-12 in the year of competition and show potential to become County qualifiers in a wide range of events.
· Swimmers will have the basics of solid stroke technique in all four strokes.
· Swimmers will be able to perform a 100 IM under ASA laws.
· Various Open Meets
· Own Club Competitions, e.g. Splash Gala Series
· Team Competitions, e.g. MKJL, ARENA League
· Swimmers will show dedication to improving their swimming skills, to include starts, turns, finishes, underwaters, breakouts and efficiency, especially:
o No breath on last stroke and first stroke every wall.
o Minimum of 3 FAST kicks u/w every wall.
o Attempts to complete all turns legally.
· Swimmers will be able to complete a 200m timed kick in under 5 minutes and a set of 4 x 100 kick on 2.45.