Training will follow a structured programme under the direction of the Head Coach and the Lead Academy Coach.
· To develop competitive skills.
· To increase the standard of swimming skills and stroke techniques.
· To introduce swimming training.
· To introduce land training for swimming development.
· Minimum attendance of 75%.
· Swimmers will be 6-11 in the year of competition and show a desire to become competitive swimmers.
· Swimmers will have the basics of stroke technique in all four strokes.
· Swimmers will be able to complete 50m kick of each stroke.
· As swimmers progress through the academy (Bronze-Silver, Silver-Gold, Gold-Platinum), they will be expected to maintain skills and techniques learnt in their previous squad.
· Platinum – Maxwell Open Meets
· Own Club Competitions, e.g. Splash Gala Series
· Team Competitions, e.g. Milton Keynes Junior League
· Swimmers will be coachable and show a willingness to take direction from the coach.
· Swimmers will be expected to increase their ability to streamline, complete underwater work and demonstrate legal turns as they progress through the academies.
Swimmers will learn lane etiquette and training protocols.