Reading Swimming Club organises a few Ribbon Galas each season. These Ribbon Galas are open to the Teaching Programme, RSC Dev4 and Dev3 Squads and invited swim schools. Ribbon Galas allow the younger swimmers to get experience of competitive swimming in a relaxed environment. Times are recorded and ribbons rewarded but the gala is not licensed and therefore times not sent off to the ASA database. Swimmers are not disqualified, but will be advised where a DQ would have been recorded in a licensed event.
Our next Ribbon Gala is: Sunday 15th December @ Crosfields School (4pm-6:30pm)
We normally try to include 25m and 50m races in all strokes for both boys and girls.
Final schedule TBC
Here is a useful check list of things that the swimmers should bring (thanks to Sarah Doyle!):
- Swim suit / trunks
- Over shorts for pool side
- T-Shirt for pool side
- 2 towels - keep one with parents on balcony
- Change of clothes - keep with parents on balcony, so they stay dry!
- Poolside shoes - flip flops
- Goggles - 2 pairs if you have them
- Club swim hat - plus spare if you have it
- Kit bag to be taken on poolside and not left in changing room
- Please name kit - it can go astray!
Food shouldn’t be necessary for this gala as will be under 3 hours and there won’t be a break. Swimmers should however bring plenty of water to drink. Spectators should wear light clothing and also bring water as it will become very hot on the balcony!
Teaching Programme entry forms should be handed to Cat Holmes. Dev4 or Dev3 entry forms should be handed to the appropriate squad coach.
Any questions should be sent to the Meet Manager at [email protected]