Enable, Competitive disability swimming Squad
WDSC Enable Squad is the perfect platform for competitive swimmers with disabilities who want to reach their full potential. With high coach to swimmer ratios, specialist staff and fantastic facilities we aim to offer a program second to none.
Our Enable squad trains on Wednesday Evenings 7.30 -9.00 pm with small numbers per lane. We welcome disabled swimmers of all ages and disabilities who are capable of swimming at least 50m of a recognisable stroke without swimming aids. Training is structured to improve technique, skills, speed and endurance.
As this is a competitive squad we strongly encourage our swimmers to compete in galas. Currently we have swimmers competing in local disability meets up to international representation.
If you are interested in joining our Enable Squad CLICK HERE TO REQUEST A TRIAL
Progression from the Enable squad can take various forms, and this may include transition sessions with the Academy, Development & Competitive programme at WDSC. We may add in additional sessions each week (in addition to the Enable session) and eventually replace the Enable session with full integration into the main-stream squad structure.
The club caters for PARA swimmers who have been classified for competitions and squad placings are always made in the best interests of the Para Swimmer.
Training within the "Performance programme", for Para swimmers, will be determined by various parameters, these are sumarised here:
- Junior Performance - Swimmers are considered if they are achieving 500 points or higher
- Intermediate Performance - Swimmers are considered if they are achieving 600 points or higher
- Senior Performance - Swimmers are considered if they are achieving 750 points or higher
- In addition to the above, the following factors are taken into account:
- Ability to meet some/all of the current Squad Criteria
- Ability to meet the training standards and expectations of those squads
- Proven attendance in your current squad
- Demonstrated a mindset/desire to be a Performance Para Athlete
- The swimmers parents are supportive of the expectations of the squad(s)
- In any instance, the Head Coach and the Head of Competitive decision is final and they will use their discretion where required, based upon their experience.