Swimmers transition from swimming lessons to competitive swimming strokes.
Development (Academy, Technical Development, Junior Development)
Swimmers develop their skills and ability through these squads, and then move into the competitive section of the club.
Competitive (Junior Competitive, Senior Competitive)
Swimmers train to compete in County Championships and Team Events. Aims:
1. To have a positive attitude towards both swimming and training
2. Improvement of stroke mechanics and skills
3. Aim for County Championships times in one or more strokes
4. Compete in Arena League if required to do so
Swimmers train to compete in Regional and National Championships and Team Events. Criteria:
1. All swimmers must have a County Qualifying Time
2. The minimum is to target Regional Championships in one or more strokes
3. There is a minimum commitment of attending 60% of available sessions.
4. Swimmers must be eligible for National championships.
5. To enter all levels of Gala as required by the Head Coach.
Fitness (Junior Fitness, Senior Fitness)
Fitness squads are for competitive swimmers who cannot commit to the hours of competitive squads owing to exam or other commitments, or wish to swim a reduced programme.
Masters is for adult swimmers.
The coaches will assess swimmers progress in each squad and advise on squad moves from time to time. The typical swimmer pathways are illustrated below. Senior squads including Performance are for 14+ years. Exceptional 13 year olds may be invited to the senior squads.
Updated August 2018