Both people and organisations need to establish a strategic framework for significant success and CMKSC is no different.
It is important that the club is run in a way that will encourage success and gives the committee and volunteers a framework for running the club. The elements consist of the following:
- a vision for our future,
- a mission that defines what the club is doing,
- values that shape our actions,
To this end we have devised the Vision and Values for our club and we will endeavour to run the club so that we realise our vision. The Vision and Values are club specific whereas the qualities strategy that are required by swimmers and their parents with regard to developing and improving their contribution and performance within the club and the sport are encapsulated within ‘Greg’s Page’.
As members of the club it is vital that we embrace our Values in all we say and do and share our Vision for the future so that we become one of the best clubs in the country!
At City of Milton Keynes Swim Club, our vision is to enable all swimmers, whatever their ability, to achieve their maximum potential within the sport of swimming. Additionally, we strive to continue to be the premier swimming club in the Oxford and North Bucks County and aim to achieve results in the top five clubs for BAGCAT & Youth swimmers in the ASA South East Region.
Beyond mastering stroke technique, race skills and achieving physical fitness swimmers at the City of Milton Keynes Swim Club will be inspired and enabled to achieve excellence in the sport of swimming and in life.
This will be achieved through discipline, respect, commitment, confidence, high self-esteem, sportsmanship, and an understanding that success results from hard work and goal setting.
They will also learn the value of being part of a team. Our aim is to make swimming an important and enjoyable part of both our members’ and their families’ lives with parents actively involved in many aspects of the club.
Our values enable us to achieve our mission statement and ultimately our vision.
- Creating Success
- Provide a programme that is athlete centred and coach driven to achieve the best.
- Provide enough pool time to facilitate the training required.
- Listen to our membership and try to react to suggestions that work in line with the programme in order for the club and individuals to succeed.
- Communication will continue to remain important to both the internal and external audiences.
Striving To Be Better
Ensure that CMKSC members are given the opportunity to pursue their goals to whatever level they aspire and are capable of achieving.
- Promote Competitive Swimming and Masters Swimming within Milton Keynes and the surrounding area.
- Strive for excellence at every level while at the same time creating a positive experience for all.
- Caring for Others
- Ensure Swimmers are supported and valued, whatever their level, from novice to international regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
- Provide quality coaching within a safe environment to all our members.
- Ensure everyone has the opportunity to enjoy swimming as part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Maintaining Financial Stability
- Control costs by seeking to match expenditure with income. Seek ways to maintain our viability by making sound commercial decisions, getting “value for money” and managing our risks.