CLUB SQUAD CRITERIA
COACH/SWIMMER RATIO 1:30
Minimum Age: 13 Maximum Age: 18
- Attend training sessions regularly
- Attendance at Galas is not compulsory but all swimmers are encouraged to enter South Croydon Swimming Club Championship Galas and progress their swimming, set and improve their personal bests
Develop and improve stroke technique on all four competitive strokes.
Individuals to take responsibility for training equipment required at each training session (kickboard, pull buoy, drink bottle. fins, goggles
PROGRESSION: COUNTY/CLUB SQUAD TO PERFORMANCE SQUAD
1 x Individual Medley and/or 200m form stroke
Attend 3 traning sessions a week consistently
Learn and practice basic stretching and core body strength work.
- Learn the process of goal setting and working toward objectives.
- Aim to participate in club competitions performing a variety of strokes and distances. Please ask the squad coach for advice on which galas to enter.
- Increase the distance covered in training sessions to improve endurance.
- Learn and understand competitive swimming rules.
- Represent the club at team competitions when requested
- Complete a well-balanced training programme, to include varied pace swims (builds, negative splits, descending sets etc), basic swimming speed, pacing and over distance swims.
- Independently monitor training by using pace clock.
- Learn and perfect starts, turns and finishes on all four competitive strokes and IMs/learn and perfect relay takeovers.
- Practice IM swimming sets.
- Monitoring training using test swims.
- Learn more complex stroke drill progressions for all the four competitive stroke
The criteria may vary from time to time according to squad numbers and selection will be by the Club Coaches
Disabled swimmers eligible for IPC Classification will be assessed in line with LTAD and coach discretion - where appropriate guidance from the London Regional Disability Coach will be sought.All squad selections and criteria are at the discretion of the coaching team and are made in line with Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD). Swimmers who are dissatisfied with their squad selection will need to make an appointment with the Head Coach and Welfare Officer/Secretary to discuss the reasoning. Swimmers below the age of 18 will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.