Caradon swimming club has a nominated welfare officer which is a voluntary but vital role. Her name is Laura Taylor and you can contact her in confidence when she attends club training sessions or via the dedicated email address. The club welfare officer is there for all swimmers and club members but has an especially important role when it comes to swimmers under the age of 18. Laura can also be contacted via a club committee member who will treat any enquiry with regard to welfare in the strictest confidence.
For those of you that may not know Laura, she joined the committee in June 2019 and became one of our Team Managers in November of the same year. Laura is mum to Mia in Senior and Jack in Performance.
By profession, Laura is Lead Practice Nurse in a surgery in Looe and regularly completed the necessary welfare training for our club. Laura ensures that all club volunteers under go the statutory training required and hold the relevant DBS certificates.
Laura can be contacted on a dedicated email address which can be found on the website in the coaches section and also here for your reference.
Email:- [email protected]
You can download a copy of the Caradon Swimming Club Child Protection Policy here.
The following links will lead to the Amateur Swimming Association web site welfare pages:
- ASA SwimLine Pages - click here
- ASA Bullying, Stop Bullying Happening - click here
- ASA WAVEPOWER Home Page, ASA Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures - click here
- ASA Club Welfare Officers and WAVEPOWER - click here
- ASA Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults - click here
- ASA WAVEPOWER Information and Guidance for Parents - click here
- ASA Swimline Poster - click here