The emphasis of this squad will be on specialization and performance enhancement, with a triple periodization of the training year. Swimmer’s physical, technical, tactical, mental, and ancillary capacities should be emerging or fully established with the focus now on optimization of performance. Training will continue to develop strength, core body strength and maintain suppleness. Athletes should be focused on performance at the highest level with a 100% in approach. Swimmers must also have a strong understanding of what attributes need to be developed as a person, performer and athlete to achieve this standard.
- Regional qualifier and above.
- Competition age 13yrs and over.
- Must maintain a minimum of 90% attendance across the year. All morning attendance and land training is compulsory. Swimmers who fall behind on attendance will be directed to an alternative squad.
- During exam periods swimmers must meet with Head Coach and maintain a minimum of 6 pool sessions.
- Must show strong future performer OADF characteristics.
- Swimmers must show dedication and a drive to achieve at the highest level of competition.
- All swimmers are subject to a 3-month rolling review period.
- Black club hats must be worn in training & competition (if you wear one).
- Expected to arrive 15 mins prior to the start of training.
- Expected to carry out mobility and stretching, before and after training/competition.
- Must attend training the night before and after every competition.
- Must only compete in competitions listed on the club’s calendar.
- Must report to the coach before and after every race.
- Expected to complete full warm-up and swim-down protocols.
- Expected to take part in every race and final entered unless notified by the Head Coach.
- Contact the coach if absent or unable to complete the above criteria.
- PAYG Invitational – must be aged 18+ and achieving national qualification times/ranking.
- Appropriate reasonable adjustments will be made for para athletes. Please contact Head Coach.
Swimmers should arrive with the following kit and equipment properly adjusted and in good working order