Full-Time Lead Performance Coach
Full Job Pack is available HERE
Leicester Sharks C.S.C., based in south Leicestershire, a leading programme in East Midlands, is recruiting a lead performance coach to lead our successful Age Group and Development programme and assist the Director of Swimming and Head Coach on a daily basis.
Leicester Sharks C.S.C. was formed in August 2011 with the amalgamation of Enderby Swimming Club and Lutterworth & District Swimming Club. This merger allowed the newly formed club to offer a higher quality of development swimming to athletes in the area and this has always been the foundation of the programme as it has grown.
We aspire to build on the successful development and pre-development pathways at Leicester Sharks C.S.C. and offer the highest quality coaching to each athlete on their journey through Development, Age Group and Youth swimming. We seek to provide our athletes with the strongest foundations in order to succeed as they move on to the senior stage.
Qualifications, skills and attributes desired
- UKCC Level 2 Swimming Coach (Working towards Level 3)
- Valid Safeguarding Certificate
- Valid NPLQ (Preferred but not essential)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Full DBS check
- Previous Experience in a coaching role
- Track record of progressing County and Regional swimmers
- Experience of administration club duties (desirable)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience communicating with athletes, coaches, committee members and parents
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Enthusiasm and passion for the sport
- Set high standards for themselves and demand them of others at all times
- Promote the club’s three core values, Respect, Responsibility and Unity, at all times
- Excellent organisational skills including time management, data collection, use of IT
- Ability to inspire, motivate, develop, mentor and support young age group swimmers
- Desire to learn and improve
- Ability to reflect, self-analyse and strive to improve in their coaching ability
- An effective and collaborative team player
- Ambitious and empathetic
How to apply
Please see our for full job advert in the link above including job specification and more information about the club and coaching structure.
When applying, please email Club Chair, Steve Moorley on [email protected] including your CV, two references and a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the role.
Should you wish to discuss this role prior to applying, please contact our Club Chair, Steve Moorley on [email protected]