Severnside Tritons logo

Severnside Tritons Swimming Club

Swim England

Safeguarding:  Wavepower

Ensuring child safety and welfare is a key part of how our club operates.  As with all Swim England affiliated clubs, Severnside Tritons has adopted the Swim England child safeguarding policy Wavepower.   Adopting Wavepower helps us provide a safe, happy and fun environment where children can learn to swim and develop their skills. The responsibility to safeguard children does not belong to any one person.  Instead it belongs to everyone who plays a part in delivering our swimming activities.  Wavepower is intended for everyone within the club from swimmers, parent helpers, coaches and committee members. 

Because of the importance of child safeguarding, the club constitution sets aside a specific safeguarding role on the clubs governance committee.  Sarah Ward is currently our Welfare Officer.

Details of Swim England’s Wavepower safeguarding policy can be found at:

In addition, all of our club codes of conduct reflect the Wavepower safeguarding policies:


If you have questions about safeguarding, wish to speak to our Welfare Officers or report a safeguarding incident the please contact:

Nikki Mayer

Club Welfare Officer

[email protected]


Swim England Swimline

Swim England have a child protection helpline called Swimline. Callers to Swimline can leave their name, contact details and a description of their concerns, and will the be contacted by the Swim England Safeguarding Team within 48 hours. There is also the opportunity to transfer to the NSPCC Child Protection Helpine if urgent assistance is required to protect a child.

You can call SwimLine on 0808 100 4001.

In an emergency, when you believe a child may have been harmed or be at immediate risk of harm and you are unable to contact the Club Welfare Officer or the Swim England Safeguarding Team, you should without delay refer the concern to your local Police Child Protection Team, MASH or Children’s Social Care so any necessary actions can be taken by those professionals to safeguard the child.

You do not have to decide whether your concern or incident is, or is not, child abuse or a failure to safeguard a child. You do have to refer a concern to the appropriate agency so they can make that decision.