Our History

Watford Swimming was established in 1901 and is based at Woodside Leisure Centre.

Originally meeting at the river in the lower part of Watford, near Bushey Arches. In 1932 we moved to the Watford Central Baths which at the time was the only municipal covered pool in the county until after the war. Watford council have since built two new 25m pools which the club will be using as their base, one 8 lane and one 6 lane.

The Club can trace its origins back to the 1800’s. We have a very rich and interesting history and one of the more recent claims to fame was back in 1998 when Watford was the first swimming club in the UK to establish a website.

Archive

Our history archive is currently stored on our Watford.co.uk website and will soon be transferred into a document which will be available through Team Unify.